[Sigtaudelt] Fall semester plans

Dowdey, Diane ENG_DXD at SHSU.EDU
Fri Sep 22 15:07:00 CDT 2017

At our first meeting, we elected Lauren Litle as president and Cora Davis as vice president.  We currently have a poll on our Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/groups/sigtaudeltshsu/> page asking for suggested meeting times.

Cora and Chenelle John will organize a writing circle, a time and place where people can come to write. So if you need a structured time to write look for further information about this.

Victoria Oliver will be heading up our social events, including a Literary Halloween Party.  We also discussed going as a group to see the University Theater's production of A Raisin in the Sun with performances Oct. 24-28. Would someone like to take responsibility for that event? We also discussed a holiday party during finals week. Would anyone like to take responsibility for that event?

Chelsi Lamberton<https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011687653497&fref=gs&dti=28268724931&hc_location=group> has agreed to help with fundraising and we would like to have a Halloween themed bake sale on Oct. 30, 31, and Nov. 1 and maybe another one for one day the last week of classes. We need people to volunteer to help with the bake sales. We can also do fund raisers with Pita Pit and Kioku Asian Bistro. Would someone like to look into that?

There are lots of opportunities to be active.  Keely Disman does a great job of posting writing contests on our Facebook page. Would anyone like to start looking for undergraduate or graduate student conferences to post on our Facebook page as well?

Amanda Bellar has just updated our  Sigma Tau Delta page. Check it out<http://www.shsu.edu/academics/english/sigmataudelta/>.

Dr. Dowdey