[Sigtaudelt] Welcome back!

Dowdey, Diane dowdey at shsu.edu
Tue Aug 28 16:09:20 CDT 2018

Dear Bearkat Deltans,
Welcome to the new academic year! This will be an active year for our chapter. We will be participating in the 200th anniversary of Frankenstein events this fall that the English department is hosting. The first event is tomorrow, Aug. 28 at 10 am in Evans 105. If you don't have class then, please come and listen to Professor Erin Goss of Clemson University talk on "Frankenstein and the Right to Be Human, or Why Reading Old Books Matter."

We need to have a meeting to elect our officers for next year. If you have any interest in serving as an officer (which looks great on your resume and graduate school applications), please send me an email.

Diane Dowdey, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of English
Director, Graduate Program for Dual Credit Certification
Faculty Advisor, Sigma Tau Delta, English Honor Society
Sam Houston State University
Box 2146
Huntsville, TX 77341
936-294-4217

The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.
- Mark Twain's Notebook, 1902-1903