[Clubsports] Leadership Program

Amy Swingle aswingle at shsu.edu
Tue Sep 14 10:33:00 CDT 2004

Greetings from the Club Sports Office!

Just wanted to remind everyone about the Leadership Development Program that
was put into place this year.   We had our first session last week (Policy &
Procedures).

Other options for you to earn "points" with our office are the following:

Tonight:   Society of Success and Leadership speaker series is presenting
political analyst and MSNBC contributor Bill Press will speak on
"Volunteerism:  How Giving Back Pays off BIG".   This session is brought to
campus via satellite and takes place in Academic Building 1, Room 213 from 6
- 7pm.

If you attend this session, make sure you sign in or get a staff member from
Student Activities to sign something from the presentation and bring it to
our office.

Also, the SAM Center is offering a study skills workshop.  Flyers have been
placed in all of your mailboxes.   The SAM Center conducts some outstanding
presentations throughout the year, so check them out.   Once again, you'll
have to  provide proof of your attendance.

Last thing for this email.....On Tuesday, October 5 from 6-8pm in HKC Room
240, we will be conducting a fundraising workshop titled:  "Fundraising:
What Works, What Doesn't".   This will be an interactive session where you
will walk away with ideas from other clubs and schools.

That's it for now.   Please realize you can use this listserve to generate
topics of discussion for all clubs and give ideas to the Club Sport Council.
We've had a good start to the semester....keep up the great work.

Amy

 Amy Swingle
 Assistant Director - Club Sports & Special Events
 P.O. Box 2387
 Huntsville TX  77341
 work:  936-294-1967
                   fax:  936-294-1913