Documenting Effectiveness of MT

MT-PRO Music Therapy List mtpro@multipro.com
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 02:36:22 -0500

I am working with client of all ages and abilities in their own homes or
community settings, mostly with individuals. My funding body (government
health department) recognizes that just 'Client Numbers, 'types' and
'hours spent' etc. do not really record what music therapy is all about,
nor demonstrate the efficiency and effectiveness of the program. They do
not want (nor would it be ethical) detailed data on individual client
goals and progress. However, I have been asked to use some global rating
scale to simply and clearly show benefits!!! How do other music
therapists demonstrate the effectiveness of their work in reports to
funding bodies? Especially, if their client load is very diverse.

Katrina Bergmann
-- MT-PRO Music Therapy List, mtpro@multipro.com on 10/14/1999 at 2:35:44 AM