[Ntso] NTSO Luncheon Meeting

Frances C. Fennessy stdfcm11 at shsu.edu
Fri Oct 15 06:48:52 CDT 2004

Hello everyone!

I wanted to share the results of the luncheon day voting with you. I
received over 70 votes; I am really impressed with your overall
enthusiasm! Of the 70 votes, Thursday won with 23 votes; the next closest
vote count was for Wednesday, which received 16 votes.

We do not have an exact date yet, but I will be firming that up with
Student Activities shortly. I am currently looking for volunteers to put
out posters. Several people have already volunteered. If I have not
contacted you and you are interested in helping, please email me directly
at: roughneckbooks at hotmail.com

I am also looking for someone who has a creative side. I think my
creativity is beginning to wear out. We need to create a poster
advertising the luncheon. The poster has a few specific things that must
be included on it, but the design is up for the taking. Please contact me
at roughneckbooks at hotmail.com if you would be interested in using your
creativity to originate this.

One last thing, we are looking for officers for our organization. The two
open positions and their duties are as follows:

Business Manager – Non-Traditional Student Organization representative to
student government meetings, is responsible for finding a suitable proxy
when needed, responsible for presenting NTSO concept and budget at
necessary meetings, tracks organization spending, assists with programming
budgets, orders all supplies for organization.

Secretary - Takes meeting minutes, maintains listserv and web site,
assists in poster design and generation for events, responsible for
printing out fliers and ordering additional business cards, tracks office
supplies and requests new ones when needed, creates correspondence (thank
you letters etc), puts together mailings at the beginning of each semester
for new students, requests mailing labels from registrar’s office for
mailings, makes sure fliers are posted appropriately.

Obviously we will assemble committees to help each officer complete his
duty. We are fortunate to have a facilitator with the Student Activities
office who will be aiding us with these things as well. If you are
interested in running for one of these offices, please contact me directly
at roughneckbooks at hotmail.com so that I can give you more information.

Thanks!

Frances Crawford Fennessy

Non-Traditional Student Organization President

roughneckbooks at hotmail.com