[Psychmasters] information

Rigean@aol.com Rigean@aol.com
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 14:49:21 -0500

Greetings;

I hope everyone is surviving this last part of the semester. Good luck to you all.

I have two messages:

1) The Forensic Clinical Psychology Student Organization (FCPSO) is having a meeting Monday, November 18th at 5 PM in room 307 of the LSC. We encourage all to attend; this is not an organization only for the forensic people. This is an organization for graduate and undergraduates who are interested in forensic psychology to discuss topics and become involved in research.

2) The Student Advising & Mentoring Center (SAM Center) is hosting a few programs. Please forward this information to your students if you are teaching this semester:
  * We are having a graduate school panel discussion to help people with the application process, letters of rec, and all the other "fun" stuff that goes along with applying. It will be held on Tuesday, November 19th at 5 PM in NGL 115. If students have any questions, please contact Dr. Strauss for more information at 294-4455. I AM LOOKING FOR MASTER'S LEVEL GRADUATE STUDENTS TO COME JOIN THE PANEL. If you'd like to help out, please call me at 291-6804.
  * The SAM Center is also offering walk-in study skills sessions for any students freaking out. Subjects include combating procrastination, time management, test taking, reading text books, etc. Students can sit down with a mentor and go over any topic they need. Walk-ins go from 9 AM to 5 PM in NGL 115. If they have questions, have them call at 294-4444.

Thanks very much!
-Angela