[Psychmasters] Texts for PSY 587

Miller, Rowland Spence PSY_RSM at exchange.shsu.edu
Thu Dec 15 17:02:40 CST 2005

Greetings--

Bunches of y'all are in PSY 587, Advanced Stat, in the Spring, and
(because I have your best interests at heart) I thought I'd clarify the
listing for our texts for the course.

We'll be using these two fine softcovers, both from Thomson Wadsworth
publishers:

Frederick J. Gravetter, Larry B. Wallnau
Essentials of Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
5th Edition  (c) 2005
ISBN: 053463396X

Lee A. Kirkpatrick, Brooke C. Feeney
A Simple Guide to SPSS for Windows, Version 12.0 and 13.0
7th Edition  (c) 2006
ISBN: 0495090360

Wadsworth is happy to offer new copies to you in a bundle that basically
gets you both books for the list price of the more expensive one,
Gravetter & Wallnau.  (Why?  To entice you to buy the books from them
instead of a used book reseller.)  And that's the ISBN that's listed on
the SHSU course schedule pages:  a single code for the bundle that
includes both books.

If you want to go used, you won't suffer if you get

Lee A. Kirkpatrick, Brooke C. Feeney
A Simple Guide to SPSS for Windows for Version 12.0
6th Edition  (c) 2005
ISBN: 0534610064

instead of the newer book that will come in the bundle.

And if you think this is confusing, just wait until the course actually
starts!
[insert maniacal chortling here]

Have a safe, rewarding break.  See ya next year!

Doc M.