[Psychmasters] Psi Chi

Stoebner-May, Diane DXS011 at SHSU.EDU
Tue Jan 31 15:54:56 CST 2017

Please see below.

Hello graduate students,

I am the president of Psi Chi and Psychology Club and I would like to invite you to join the Sam Houston State University Chapter of this organization. Psi Chi is the International Honor Society in Psychology; Psychology Club is a campus organization composed of students interested in the field of psychology. Both members attend meetings and events that include guest lectures in a variety of topics in psychology, participating in community service, attending socials with student members and faculty, and more interactions that are beneficial to making both professional and personal connections. For graduate students, Psi Chi also offers awards and grants used to fund research.
Information about awards and grants available to graduate student members can be found on these two pages:
http://www.psichi.org/?page=graduate#.WIgsyCyM2Uk
http://www.psichi.org/?page=2_graduate_main#.WIgs3iyM2Uk

To become a member of Psychology Club, you must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5. Graduate student requirements to join Psi Chi include: having been accepted into and enrolled in a psychology or closely related graduate program, having completed at least 9 semester credit hours of graduate psychology courses in that program, having an overall GPA of at least 3.0 in all graduate courses including psychology courses, and meeting the grade requirements of their graduate program.
More information about graduate student membership requirements can be found here: http://www.psichi.org/?page=become_member#.WIgq0CyM2Uk

Our first meeting for Psi Chi and Psychology Club will be on January 21st at 5:00 p.m. in CHSS 220. All interested graduate students are invited to attend. If you have any questions, please contact me via email at ees011 at shsu.edu<mailto:ees011 at shsu.edu>.

We are very excited for this semester, hope to see you there!

Sincerely,

Ellen Scott
Psi Chi & Psychology Club President
Sam Houston State University

Diane Stoebner-May, Ph.D.
Coordinator of Master's Studies
Clinical Assistant Professor
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, Texas 77341-2059
dxs011 at shsu.edu<mailto:dxs011 at shsu.edu>
[SHSULOGO]

Please note that email is not an appropriate medium for counseling, nor can privacy/confidentiality be guaranteed through electronic communication.
Sam Houston State University is a member of the Texas State University system.