[Psychmasters] Voter Registration

Ricardo, Mia mmr032 at SHSU.EDU
Wed Sep 12 23:56:56 CDT 2018

Hi Everyone,
                I wanted to send a quick note about voter registration.  I am a Certified Deputy Voter Registrar for Walker County, which means that I can get you registered to vote!  You could either fill out the form and hand it back to me right then (I will be responsible to turn it in at the Annex within 48 hours) or I can give you one that you fill-out and mail in on your own (postage is paid).  Know that you do not mark your party affiliation, gender, or phone number on the application if you don’t want to, so don’t let that deter you from registering!  If you have an out of state ID no worries, the county will send you a voter registration card that you bring with you as a form of voter ID so there’s no hassle at the polls.  Have not established residency?  That’s also okay – students in TX are allowed to vote at the location of their choosing – either “home” or “school.”  Deadline to register to vote in the November elections is October 6, so time is of the essence!  Email or message me if you would like to register to vote!  Mmr032 at shsu.ed<mailto:Mmr032 at shsu.ed> (207) 216-0830

Mia M. Ricardo, M.A., LCDC
Clinical Psychology Doctoral Student
Department of Psychology and Philosophy
Sam Houston State University