[Psychmasters] FW: Announcement for PsychMasters and PsychDoc

Reddoch, Rhonda RNR001 at SHSU.EDU
Thu Sep 27 13:52:06 CDT 2018

Esteemed Colleagues:

In celebration of National Diversity Day 2018, you are cordially invited to join the Office of Equity and Inclusion at the inaugural "Longest Table Luncheon" event on Friday, October 5,, 2018 from 12pm-2pm in the Lowman Student Center Ballroom.
The Longest Table Luncheon aims to assess each participant's SHSU experience in regards to inclusion. assessing if;

  *   Employees/students feel respected
  *   Employees/students experience a sense of belonging
  *   Employees/students are empowered to contribute to campus processes
  *   Employees/students have a fair chance of progressing their careers/education
The Longest Table will serve as a non-traditional diversity and inclusion focus group luncheon where all participants feel safe to contribute candidly and where all participants display respect for each other's viewpoints and experiences.
The Longest Table's event principles are rooted in contribution, confidentiality, and candor; while simultaneously encouraging inclusivity, respect, and civility.

This event is FREE to attend with RSVP to the Office of Equity & Inclusion by September 30th, and is open to all faculty, staff, and students at Sam Houston State University.

It is our hope that you decide to join peers, thought leaders, and subject matter experts at one continuous table as we engage in rich dialogue across diverse communities and perspectives over lunch.

If you are not able to attend on Friday, October 5th, please encourage your colleagues, students, and professional networks to participate to make this year's event successful!

To confirm your participation, submit your RSVP online at shsu.edu/inclusion OR email your list of attendees to inclusion at shsu.edu<mailto:inclusion at shsu.edu> SUBJECT: Longest Table RSVP.
We hope to see you there!

Sincerely,

Jeanine Bias, Director & Title IX Coordinator,
Office of Equity & Inclusion | Title IX

Thank you,

Jeeva Babu
Graduate Assistant I PH: 936-294-3080
Office of Equity and Inclusion I Student Annex Building Suite 107
Sam Houston State University I jcb106 at shsu.edu<mailto:jcb106 at shsu.edu>