[Psychmasters] FW: conference and student presentation opportunity this summer

Varela, Jorge jgv002 at SHSU.EDU
Fri Jan 19 14:07:33 CST 2024

FYI.  See below and attachments.

Jorge

Jorge G. Varela, Ph.D. (he-el-him)
Professor of Psychology & Department Chair
Licensed Psychologist
CHSS 390
Department of Psychology and Philosophy
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, Texas 77341
936.294.3052

I respectfully acknowledge that I live and work on lands that were taken from the Akokisa, Tonkawa, Koasati, and Bidai peoples.

From: Wells, William <WMW005 at SHSU.EDU>
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2024 12:48 PM
To: Hendrickson, Ken <HIS_KEH at SHSU.EDU>; Orrick, Erin <eorrick at shsu.edu>; Morag, Nadav <nxm040 at SHSU.EDU>; Varela, Jorge <jgv002 at SHSU.EDU>; Ingram, Jason <jri004 at SHSU.EDU>; Leal, Wanda <wel004 at SHSU.EDU>; Jones, Nathan <nxj008 at SHSU.EDU>
Subject: conference and student presentation opportunity this summer

Hey everyone,

This June 5-7 we are hosting the annual Training Symposium for the Texas Law Enforcement Analysts Network (TXLEAN) at The Woodlands Center. TXLEAN would love for SHSU students (and faculty) to be involved, as attendees or as presenters. Students can register and attend for free since we are hosting the event this year.

Would you please share this information with our graduate students. Please see the attached files that contain details. Students can register here: https://www.txlean.com/event-5429366.

I will send this information to other people/offices at SHSU in hopes they will get this information out to our undergraduate student population.

Thanks, and have a good weekend.

Bill

William Wells, PhD | Professor

Director, Center for Intelligence and Crime Analysis

Research Director, Law Enforcement Management Institute of Texas

Sam Houston State University | College of Criminal Justice

936-294-4817

[cid:3582ad34-7b8c-43c7-a0f8-8a9397a2f19e]