[Sigtaudelt] Sigma Tau Delta News

David Sweeten david_sweeten at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 1 19:53:06 CST 2006

Hey everybody,

Attached are the minutes from last Monday's meeting. Please read them to
keep up with what's going on, but allow me to point out some of the
more pressing matters.

1. The largest change to our constitution is that we adopted a minimum
participation requirement for our members in order to receive the Sigma Tau
Delta designation on their transcript. This participation can take the form
of either helping with three activities or serving in the new Sigma Tau
Delta Lending Library.

This is not to say you have to be at an event to participate, nor do you
have a large amount of work per every event. There are a multitude of things
that need to be done in the planning and preparation stages, and you can
gain your participation points there.

2. The best way to participate is to join one of the committees that handles
an event. The committees are:

Newsletter

Trivial Pursuit

Lending Library

Valentine's Day Sale

Muffin Monday Sale

Graduate Reception

Induction Ceremony

If you would like to volunteer for one of these, please either reply to the
listserve or email me at david_sweeten at hotmail.com to express your
interest.

3. Our first event of the semester will be the Valentine's Day Rose and
Poetry Sale/raffle. This should be a lot of fun, and, because it
was a huge success last year, it stands a strong chance of being so again.
Email me back if you would like to participate or join the Committee
in charge of this event.

4. As mentioned above, Sigma Tau Delta has a new Lending Library. Our
current hours of operation are set at 10-2 on Wednesday and Thursday, but if
you would like to come in at a different time, that would work, too. The
primary operation therein is to both lend books out and answer questions
about Sigma Tau Delta that students coming to the office may ask. You may,
and more than likely will for a good amount of time, simply read or study
while being there, but we need a presence there. Also, while 3 hours equals
one event, these hours do not need to be served consecutively.

All in all, we have a great deal going on this semester, and we look forward
to making our presence known on campus.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at this email address or
at 936-496-9198, or you may contact the sponsors, Drs. Bilsing, Nardone and
Bell.

Looking forward to taking the next step of our organization's Odyssey
together,

David Sweeten