[Sigtaudelt] Sigma Tau Delta Newsletter

Dowdey, Diane ENG_DXD at SHSU.EDU
Mon Oct 18 18:13:13 CDT 2010

From: sigmaoffice at niu.edu [mailto:sigmaoffice at niu.edu]
Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2010 7:02 PM
To: Dowdey, Diane
Subject: Sigma Tau Delta Newsletter: Electronic Distribution to Chapter Sponsors

If this message is not displaying properly, click here<http://www.english.org/sigmatd/news/2010/newsflash_newsletter.html> to launch your browser.

[http://www.english.org/sigmatd/enews/images/enewsbanner.png]

October 17, 2010

2010 Sigma Tau Delta Newsletter - Electronic Distribution

Greetings Sigma Tau Delta Chapter Sponsors and Officers,

The Sigma Tau Delta Newsletter has gone electronic. We're excited about this change even as we value print. Our hope is that this newsletter will reach more members than ever before and provide the easiest way to access crucial and compelling information about our society. Sigma Tau Delta is going greener while also seeking to engage more members. We hope you agree that this is a good transition. As always, our journals will remain in print form and will arrive to you in the early spring.

<http://www.english.org/sigmatd/pdf/publications/Newsletter.pdf>[http://sss.english.org/sigmatd/images/Newsletter10_%20tmb.jpg]<http://www.english.org/sigmatd/pdf/publications/Newsletter.pdf><http://www.english.org/sigmatd/pdf/publications/Newsletter.pdf>Sigma Tau Delta Newsletter<http://www.english.org/sigmatd/pdf/publications/Newsletter.pdf> (click on link to view)

List of Contents
Beyond Words in Pittsburgh - pg 1
The President's Corner - pg 2
Executive Director's Report - pg 3
The Treasurer's Update - pg 4
2011 Convention Speakers - pg 5
Review of the Common Reader - pg 6-7
What's Happening in NEHS? - pg 7
Student Advisors - pg 8
Alumni Representative - pg 8
Who Works in the Sigma Tau Delta Central Office? Get to Know Them! - pg 9-10
Kuwait-Western Read-in at the American University of Kuwait - pg 11
English Festival: Promoting Sigma Tau Delta Principles, Restructuring the Universe - pg 13
A Chapter Sponsors a Lecture Series: "Women and Literature" - pg 13
2010 Jumpstart's "Read for the Record" - pg 14
Confessions of a Literary Blogger - pg 15
Getting into Graduate School - pg 16
Storytelling with Art and Words: The Graphic Novel in the Classroom - pg 17
The GRE? No Sweat - pg 18
Top 10 Oscar-Winning Adaptations of Great Novels - pg 19
Kathy Rich: Author - pg 20

Thank you in advance for helping us distribute The Newsletter to your chapter members. Have a great Sigma Tau Delta year.

Sincerely,
Karlyn Crowley, Editor, Sigma Tau Delta Publications
St. Norbert College

Note to Chapter Sponsors: For your chapter officers to receive this email directly, their names and email addresses must be entered under the Chapter Officers tab in Write Away. If they are not, please forward this email-and consider adding them to Write Away.

Sent by Sigma Tau Delta, Department of English, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL 60115-2863
E-mail sigmaoffice at niu.edu<mailto:sigmaoffice at niu.edu>      (c) 2010 Sigma Tau Delta. All rights reserved.