[Ntso] Special Organization for Single Mothers

Andrea Woodlief andrea_woodlief at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 3 15:53:37 CST 2006

Hello Everyone,

I am a single mother (many of you don't realize this), and a lot of
offensive assumptions are made about my situation that I usually just brush
off.

People don't realize that it is a difficult and frustating situation
sometimes, because the cost of daycare must equal or exceed the cost of
working (that is why I just do financial aid, but I have been searching for
a job).  It is also difficult for us to do the same things that other single
adults get to do, like go out and have fun.

I would like to start an organization for single mothers on campus, and it
can be a branch of the non-traditional student organization.  Would anyone
like to help me with this?

Andrea L. Woodlief
President, Non-Traditional Student Organization

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the
source of all true art and science."  -- Albert Einstein